Thursday, July 17, 2008

D&D All-Stars Cypher - 1, 2 Pass It (LP Version)

KRS ONE, DOUG E FRESH, JERU DA DAMAJA, MAD LION, SMIFF AND WESSUN, FAT JOE, DJ PREMIER

My opinion, Jeru, KRS, Doug E Fresh the ones to listen to, S & W pretty tight, but you can probably fast forward through fat joe, Jeru's verse kills it. "When I plan my attack I doubt that you're ready, Rain on competition like razorsharp confetti, Kung Fu techniques from the perverted monastery..."

D&D All-Stars Cypher - 1, 2 Pass It (LP Version)

5 comments:

vanwarrenstom said...

no i'm not jamaican but yes i'm a rasta....

Unknown said...

you might recognise the line i quoted in the original post from DJ Crazy B's sets in the archive I'll post the link to save you looking for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piy3Haq17C0 >>0.33

vanwarrenstom said...

i didn't recognise the line, but have checked out that reference now and that is one crazy freak man!

Unknown said...

Fuck i never wanted this track to end. DJ premier has this Knack of drivin such a smooth beat that also be gangsta and rugged. Similarities to the Classic track by Fagye West.... doesn't suprise me... Did it sound like KRS one and Fat Joe just rocked up the day of recording and threw a freestyle on the track?? I reckon they did. My ears thank you

Unknown said...

I have a feeling that premier used this track as his blueprint when he made "Classic" - from the archive, I'll post the link to save you looking for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDCDrcZK4NE&feature=related. The similarities between these two Premier-produced works is undeniable.

If only I could take Jeru's verse off 1,2 Pass It and put it on "Classic" instead of Kanye's verse, that would be something else...